Overview of First Nations Chronic Disease Management Course
The @YourSideColleague® Overview of First Nations Chronic Disease Management Course
In 2019-2020, the SE First Nations, Inuit and Métis Program led a Chronic Disease Management and Case Management Education Program, funded by Indigenous Services Canada, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch, Ontario Region.
This course is designed for nurses and community based workers in First Nation communities that are interested in learning more about chronic disease management. This course is interactive and its three modules incorporate evidence-based guidelines to the four most common chronic diseases in Indigenous populations: type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and respiratory disease (asthma and COPD).
This course was one of three main initiatives:
1. Overview of First Nations Chronic Disease Management Course
2. Care Coordination and Case Management Workshops
3. Care Coordination and Case Management Webinar Series
- Module 1: Introduction to Chronic Disease
- Module 2: Chronic Disease Models and Frameworks
- Module 3: Chronic Disease Management: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Prevention