The Benefits of Physical Activity
The @YourSideColleague® The Benefits of Physical Activity for First Nation, Inuit and Métis Communities
The SE First Nations, Inuit and Métis Program led an initiative aimed at strengthening community-based healthy living activities through the development and sharing of culturally relevant messages with community health and recreation workers, to encourage the use of the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines in all community-based programs. This initiative was funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada and Manitoba Aboriginal and Northern Affairs. The e-learning course created as a result of this initiative is an innovative and interactive resource, hosted by Wab Kinew, the Director of Indigenous Inclusion at the University of Winnipeg and a well-known television host and musician.
- Innovative and interactive e-learning course
- Includes the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for all age categories
- Guideline information has been adapted to the cultural and geographical realities of First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities
- Includes information on activity intensity levels and offers sample calendars of weekly activities, per age group
- Relevant, culturally appropriate, community-based activities
- Database of resources, organized into categories: national and regional
A Course Reviewer Shares These Words:
Great resources! I will be sharing this within my network!
-Physical Activity Intermediary
Wonderful use of children and Elders in the presentation and video. They did a great job.
- @YourSide Colleague® Learner